Consolidation continues apace in the UK credit card market. Recently the issuer behind one of my cards was acquired by Barclaycard. I already manage my existing Barclaycard online so thought I'd add the new one to my existing online account. Should be easy as there's an option to add another card. However, to add a second card they have to be 'linked' and to 'link' two cards for on-line servicing you have to ... wait for it ... phone Barclaycard. This is despite both cards having identical names and addresses. And if that wasn't bad enough, the agent I spoke to said that 'linking' doesn't always work and I might have to call them back again anyway!
What is it with companies that just don't understand the online customer experience?
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (16)
- ► 2011 (25)
- ► 2010 (30)
- ► 2009 (50)
- Google’s wireless vision
- 3 and Skype
- Mobile VoIP as a 'fix' for flaky GSM and 3G covera...
- Bizarre Barclaycard
- Nokia Email Service - a 'must have' app?
- Jonathan Jensen on Thursday – DeFi Mobile launches...
- Jonathan Jensen on Thursday – The curse of consume...
- Next Generation Billing 2008 conference
- Jonathan Jensen on Thursday - My favourite Twitter...
- 30 Days 50 people 120,000 spam emails
- Jonathan Jensen on Thursday - Twitter and why it’s...
- Electing a US President in Plain English
- ▼ September (12)