Saturday 27 September 2008

Bizarre Barclaycard

Consolidation continues apace in the UK credit card market. Recently the issuer behind one of my cards was acquired by Barclaycard. I already manage my existing Barclaycard online so thought I'd add the new one to my existing online account. Should be easy as there's an option to add another card. However, to add a second card they have to be 'linked' and to 'link' two cards for on-line servicing you have to ... wait for it ... phone Barclaycard. This is despite both cards having identical names and addresses. And if that wasn't bad enough, the agent I spoke to said that 'linking' doesn't always work and I might have to call them back again anyway!

What is it with companies that just don't understand the online customer experience?

Blog Archive