Interesting to read about Google's wireless vision. They see an open wireless future where your mobile device or smartphone will use the best available wireless connection, based on a combination of price and availability. Devices will no longer be tethered to one network. This would include 3G, GSM, WiFi, WIMAX, LTE and anything else that comes along. So at home my smartphone would use WiFi (actually I'm doing that now with Truphone), when I'm mobile 3G (got that now on 3), when 3G isn't available GSM (doing that as well). So it is starting but there's a long way to go until we have seamless roaming across all wireless technologies and networks. Devicescape, DeFi and Truphone are starting to build aspects of that seamless layer so it is coming.
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (16)
- ► 2011 (25)
- ► 2010 (30)
- ► 2009 (50)
- Google’s wireless vision
- 3 and Skype
- Mobile VoIP as a 'fix' for flaky GSM and 3G covera...
- Bizarre Barclaycard
- Nokia Email Service - a 'must have' app?
- Jonathan Jensen on Thursday – DeFi Mobile launches...
- Jonathan Jensen on Thursday – The curse of consume...
- Next Generation Billing 2008 conference
- Jonathan Jensen on Thursday - My favourite Twitter...
- 30 Days 50 people 120,000 spam emails
- Jonathan Jensen on Thursday - Twitter and why it’s...
- Electing a US President in Plain English
- ▼ September (12)