As many of you will have read, Mobile Industry Review moves to a subscription based service from 27 March. Ewan MacLeod will continue to own and manage it, however the content will no longer be publicly available. A single company has bought all future output and will make it available for corporate subscription. Despite Ewan's efforts, funding the site via sponsorship and advertising never became a realistic option.
This is a great opportunity for Ewan to monetise his investment in MIR, however it's a sad time for MIR's many readers & contributors. I've been contributing to MIR for nearly a year now and really enjoyed the opportunity to comment on and share my thoughts about mobile issues and products. I've also met some great people including Ewan, James, Ben & Dan. I will miss being part of an authoritative but entertaining source of mobile news.
I will no longer be publishing my weekly 'Jonathan Jensen on Thursday' piece on MIR, although I aim to continue with something similar here at Sevendotzero. Plus who knows what else might happen in the future!
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (16)
- ► 2011 (25)
- ► 2010 (30)
- TruUnlimited flat rate calling plans from Truphone...
- Mobile coverage - more important than tariffs?
- Entertaining video about .tel from Domainmonster.c...
- Some thoughts on the Nokia E75
- Jonathan Jensen on Thursday – To port or not to po...
- SpinVox 1, iPhone Visual Voicemail 0
- A new future for Mobile Industry Review
- Jonathan Jensen on Thursday – Mobile cost control ...
- Jonathan Jensen on Thursday – Truphone; the first ...
- ▼ March (9)
- ► 2008 (146)