Tuesday 17 March 2009

A new future for Mobile Industry Review

As many of you will have read, Mobile Industry Review moves to a subscription based service from 27 March. Ewan MacLeod will continue to own and manage it, however the content will no longer be publicly available. A single company has bought all future output and will make it available for corporate subscription. Despite Ewan's efforts, funding the site via sponsorship and advertising never became a realistic option.

This is a great opportunity for Ewan to monetise his investment in MIR, however it's a sad time for MIR's many readers & contributors. I've been contributing to MIR for nearly a year now and really enjoyed the opportunity to comment on and share my thoughts about mobile issues and products. I've also met some great people including Ewan, James, Ben & Dan. I will miss being part of an authoritative but entertaining source of mobile news.

I will no longer be publishing my weekly 'Jonathan Jensen on Thursday' piece on MIR, although I aim to continue with something similar here at Sevendotzero. Plus who knows what else might happen in the future!

Blog Archive