When Jo purchased her iPhone recently she automatically started using iPhone Visual Voicemail as the handset is set up to do this 'out of the box'. However after the first few messages she realised that while Visual Voicemail has a 'nice' iPhone style interface, it's missing that crucial ingredient - the message itself. As a SpinVox user on her old phone, she realised that Visual Voicemail is a triumph of Apple marketing over content. There's no substitute for actually seeing what your caller said and having the voicemail delivered to you as a text. Yes, it's nice to see who called but that only part of the story. So she's now a much happier iPhone/SpinVox user!
You can read more about SpinVox versus Visual Voicemail here.
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (16)
- ► 2011 (25)
- ► 2010 (30)
- TruUnlimited flat rate calling plans from Truphone...
- Mobile coverage - more important than tariffs?
- Entertaining video about .tel from Domainmonster.c...
- Some thoughts on the Nokia E75
- Jonathan Jensen on Thursday – To port or not to po...
- SpinVox 1, iPhone Visual Voicemail 0
- A new future for Mobile Industry Review
- Jonathan Jensen on Thursday – Mobile cost control ...
- Jonathan Jensen on Thursday – Truphone; the first ...
- ▼ March (9)
- ► 2008 (146)