It's always annoyed me that UK mobile operators charge for calling 0800 freephone numbers and don't include them in any call bundle. They're supposed to be free to call but somehow the mobile operators choose to ignore this fact.
However, I've discovered a way to get the calls included in your bundle. Call 023 800 30 800 (a Southampton number) and when you hear a continuous tone, enter the 0800 number you want to call. The call is billed by your mobile operator as a call to a 023 number and included within the bundle. Neat trick!
It works on my mobile package, although I guess the mobile operators may decide to bar it if too many people start using it so beware ....
I've also discovered some other 01 and 020 numbers that do the same trick.
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (16)
- ► 2011 (25)
- ► 2010 (30)
- ► 2009 (50)
- Tips for using your mobile abroad
- Update on national roaming for 999/112 emergency c...
- National roaming for 999/112 emergency calls from ...
- Roaming frustrations
- Skype caller display
- Firefox Download Day results
- 112 emergency access from mobiles in the UK
- Firefox 3 download link for the UK
- Nokia E71 - first impressions
- Firefox 3 Download Day
- Nokia E Series product launch in London
- Nokia N81 8GB
- One voice mailbox for all
- Sevendotzero blog
- Curious claims from Rebtel
- New look and feel for Sevendotzero
- 0800 calls from UK mobiles
- Billing & Information Management Systems 2008
- Vodafone billing
- The meaning of mobile customer service
- Download Day 2008
- Your wife called ...
- ▼ June (22)