Wednesday, 18 June 2008
The EU has launched a website to promote 112 as the pan Europe emergency number. One interesting point it highlights is that unlike some other countries, including France and Germany, the UK does not allow national roaming for 112. National 112 roaming would mean that if there's no coverage on your mobile network you would be able to call 112 on another network that did have coverage. Also, in the UK you cannot call 112 from a handset without a SIM card, unlike others, including Denmark and Spain. Addressing both areas would enhance the 112 service and improve personal safety in some circumstances.
Wonder what OFCOM's view is on these issues. I'll ask the question.
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (16)
- ► 2011 (25)
- ► 2010 (30)
- ► 2009 (50)
- Tips for using your mobile abroad
- Update on national roaming for 999/112 emergency c...
- National roaming for 999/112 emergency calls from ...
- Roaming frustrations
- Skype caller display
- Firefox Download Day results
- 112 emergency access from mobiles in the UK
- Firefox 3 download link for the UK
- Nokia E71 - first impressions
- Firefox 3 Download Day
- Nokia E Series product launch in London
- Nokia N81 8GB
- One voice mailbox for all
- Sevendotzero blog
- Curious claims from Rebtel
- New look and feel for Sevendotzero
- 0800 calls from UK mobiles
- Billing & Information Management Systems 2008
- Vodafone billing
- The meaning of mobile customer service
- Download Day 2008
- Your wife called ...
- ▼ June (22)