FREETALK Everyman headset gives me top quality video and voice. For optimum results both callers should be using Skype HD but even when the other party is using a lower resolution webcam the video quality is great. The design of the webcam is clever; the base twists so it can either sit on top of your display or on your desk. One point to note is that the webcam does not have a microphone so a headset or other microphone is also required.
Be Broadband's excellent ADSL2+ service. This is much better than ADSL Max services I've used in the past. The system requirements for the webcam suggest that your broadband should support 1Mbps upload & download to get HD video.
Product specification summary:
- High performance optical lens
- 24-bit true color depth
- Auto Exposure and Auto White Balance
- Auto Focus capability
- Supports HD video encoding at resolutions up to 1280x720 at up to 22 frames per second
- Skype Certified™ High Definition Webcam
- Universal clip for attaching to a wide variety of displays and monitors
If you're in the market for a webcam the FREETALK Everyman HD is well worth considering if top quality video is important to you. My only reservation is that £70.95 seems quite expensive for a webcam unless you need the HD quality. Before purchasing do check that your setup meets the technical requirements for the webcam.